WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
“Truth be told, the dentist terrified me and I always had a reason to put it off. When I heard their motto, ‘We Cater to Cowards’, I laughed a little, but as it turns out, they really do. I can proudly say I no longer fear the dentist!”
- Erica, patient since ‘09
Finding the time to go to the dentist can be a struggle, which is why we offer evening appointments to accommodate busy lives. For your convenience, we are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Call 419.475.3494
WE CATER TO COWARDS
Our Motto is “We Cater to Cowards” because we know that going to the dentist can be difficult for some people. We offer “Creature Comforts” including complementary nitrous oxide, blankets, free WiFi and more to make your visit as pleasant as possible.
To screen for oral disease including cancer or pre-cancerous spots, our office uses the technology of VELscope VX. It is a hand held device that emits a safe blue light into the oral cavity. The VELscope makes visualization possible by enhancing the contrast between normal and abnormal tissue. The VELscope offers a way to accurately find an area of abnormal tissue at a stage that is readily treatable.
Signs and Symptoms of Oral Cancer:
- A white or red patch of tissue in the mouth which looks like a canker sore
- A lump or mass that can be felt inside the mouth or on the outside of the neck
- A wart like mass
- Numbness in the mouth or face
- Pain or difficulty swallowing, speaking, or chewing
We believe that early detection saves lives and truly hope that VELscope VX will make a mark in the world of oral cancer. When found early, oral cancer’s 5-year survival rate is approximately 80-90 percent; when found late, that number drops to around 20-30 percent.
Make an appointment for your oral screening today at 419.475.3494.
NOTE: Use your mouse to move around inside the video.
Our comprehensive dental practice is equipped with the latest in dental technology, as well as all the comforts of home. We want you to feel relaxed from the moment you step inside our office, and leave knowing you received the highest-quality of care! If you’d like to take a virtual tour of our practice before scheduling an appointment, please check out our office video tour. You can use your mouse to look around the office and click in the info bubbles to learn more.
DoctorDr. Ron Howard enjoyed practicing dentistry in Northwest Ohio for 44 years before retiring in April 2014.
DoctorDr. Kris Nicholas completed his doctorate degree at The Ohio State University and has been practicing dentistry since 1994. Dr. Nicholas believes that dentistry is a calling that allows him to meet and serve his patients dental needs with excellence.
DoctorDr. Jim Baburek completed his doctorate degree at The Ohio State University and has been practicing dentistry since 2003. Dr. Baburek believes dentistry is a profession that allows him to provide life-altering changes for the patients he serves.
I’ve been a patient for several years… tonight was my 5 year old son’s first visit. KRISTA D. was amazing with him! She made sure he was well informed with the tools she was using and what she was going to do. She made him feel comfortable and it was a great first experience! The office, entire staff and Doctors are friendly and do great with the kids. Happy patients!
Amazing dentist! My kids (one who was asked to leave a previous practice for anxiety) love going here! The dental assistants, dentists, and front desk receptionists are all so kind and helpful. We are so thankful to have found them!
State of the art office. Staff is exceptional. Completely booked? No problem. They get you in anyway. After work hours is necessary for my family and they accommodate. Joe gave me a tour and a gift before I even sat down. No billing surprises at the end because they give you an estimate before each and every procedure. I’ll never go anywhere else. They’ve re-imagined dental care. Phenomenal! Great job, gentleman.
- Tobacco smoking cigarettes, pipes, cigars, snuff, chew, smokeless tobacco
- Alcohol especially when you use tobacco at the same time
- Exposure to HPV the sexually-transmitted, Human Papillomavirus (HPV16)
- Other conditions that may promote oral cancer include: Physical trauma Infectious disease Poor oral hygiene Poor nutrition
- Red or white patches in mouth
- Sores in mouth that do not heal within 14 days
- Thick or hard lumps in mouth, throat, or neck
- Roughened or crusted areas in or outside of mouth
- Unexplained numbness or tenderness in head or neck
- Ear pain that occurs on one side only
- Hoarseness that lasts for a prolonged period of time
- A sensation that something is stuck in your throat when swallowing