WHAT OUR PATIENTS SAY
“Truth be told, the dentist terrified me and I always had a reason to put it off. When I heard their motto, ‘We Cater to Cowards’, I laughed a little, but as it turns out, they really do. I can proudly say I no longer fear the dentist!”
- Erica, patient since ‘09
Finding the time to go to the dentist can be a struggle, which is why we offer evening appointments to accommodate busy lives. For your convenience, we are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Call 419.475.3494
WE CATER TO COWARDS
Our Motto is “We Cater to Cowards” because we know that going to the dentist can be difficult for some people. We offer “Creature Comforts” including complementary nitrous oxide, blankets, free WiFi and more to make your visit as pleasant as possible.
We are an in-network provider for Paramount Dental Insurance. This does not include Paramount Advantage.
Fill out the form below for more information on how we can best serve you!
To screen for oral disease including cancer or pre-cancerous spots, our office uses the technology of VELscope VX. It is a hand held device that emits a safe blue light into the oral cavity. The VELscope makes visualization possible by enhancing the contrast between normal and abnormal tissue. The VELscope offers a way to accurately find an area of abnormal tissue at a stage that is readily treatable.
Signs and Symptoms of Oral Cancer:
- A white or red patch of tissue in the mouth which looks like a canker sore
- A lump or mass that can be felt inside the mouth or on the outside of the neck
- A wart like mass
- Numbness in the mouth or face
- Pain or difficulty swallowing, speaking, or chewing
We believe that early detection saves lives and truly hope that VELscope VX will make a mark in the world of oral cancer. When found early, oral cancer’s 5-year survival rate is approximately 80-90 percent; when found late, that number drops to around 20-30 percent.
Make an appointment for your oral screening today at 419.475.3494.
NOTE: Use your mouse to move around inside the video.
Our comprehensive dental practice is equipped with the latest in dental technology, as well as all the comforts of home. We want you to feel relaxed from the moment you step inside our office, and leave knowing you received the highest-quality of care! If you’d like to take a virtual tour of our practice before scheduling an appointment, please check out our office video tour. You can use your mouse to look around the office and click in the info bubbles to learn more.
DoctorDr. Ron Howard enjoyed practicing dentistry in Northwest Ohio for 44 years before retiring in April 2014.
DoctorDr. Kris Nicholas completed his doctorate degree at The Ohio State University and has been practicing dentistry since 1994. Dr. Nicholas believes that dentistry is a calling that allows him to meet and serve his patients dental needs with excellence.
DoctorDr. Jim Baburek completed his doctorate degree at The Ohio State University and has been practicing dentistry since 2003. Dr. Baburek believes dentistry is a profession that allows him to provide life-altering changes for the patients he serves.
I’ve been a patient for several years… tonight was my 5 year old son’s first visit. KRISTA D. was amazing with him! She made sure he was well informed with the tools she was using and what she was going to do.
Amazing dentist! My kids (one who was asked to leave a previous practice for anxiety) love going here! The dental assistants, dentists, and front desk receptionists are all so kind and helpful. We are so thankful to have found them!
State of the art office. Staff is exceptional. Completely booked? No problem. They get you in anyway. After work hours is necessary for my family and they accommodate. Joe gave me a tour and a gift before I even sat down.
- Make sure to clean it after each time you use it. Simply rinse it in warm, soapy water or brush it with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Keep it in a safe place and out of extreme heat and cold.
- Use a mouth-guard storage container to keep your mouth-guard dry and prevent bacteria.
- Bring it with you to you visit your dentist to have him or her check it for wear and tear and to thoroughly clean it.
- Look at yourself in the mirror – both sides of your face and neck should look the same.
- Look at the skin on your neck and face for any changes in color, moles that have changed, lumps or sores.
- Feel both sides of your neck gently with your fingertips to help detect lumps, bumps and sore spots.
- Gently place your finger over your “Adam’s Apple” and swallow. It should move up and down, not to the side. Report any hoarseness that doesn’t clear up within two weeks.
- Remove any dentures or appliances from your mouth.
- Check the inside of your mouth first by using a flashlight, then by putting the small mirror in your mouth, if you are able to do this.
- Check the roof of your mouth for changes in color or lumps. With your index finger, gently press the roof of your mouth to feel for changes.
- Examine the floor of your mouth and feel it with your index finger. Remember, you are looking for color changes, swelling and changes in shape.
- With a piece of gauze between your finger and thumb, pull out your tongue and examine all sides – feel your tongue with your fingers.
- Look at your gums for color change, lumps, bumps or tenderness. Report any sores that have not healed after 14 days.
- Pull your upper lip up and then your lower lip down and check. Gently squeeze your lips as well as your cheeks with your index finger and thumb to feel for lumps, bumps or tenderness. Report any pain, loss of feeling or any areas that bleed without cause.
- Gently run your index finger over your upper and lower gums. If you find anything unusual or suspicious, report your findings to us!